Tuesday 9 December 2008

Loneliness

Okay, I've whined because my kids left home - and now I'm whining because my husband's gone. It's on business, but he's still gone. I hate being alone! In London life isn't so bad - it's spontaneous. I see friends - even acquaintances - and invites crop up. But when I come back to the village,life crawls to a standstill. I work hard at home in my small office with my laptop for company, but when it comes to 6 or 7 in the evening, I simply want to open a bottle of wine and talk about the day. I have friends in the village and love their company. But we only see each other when it is planned. There is little room for a friend dropping by to share stories of the day.
So, there it is - sorry to whine. Thankfully, my husband is home soon - and he better start taking care of his health. I won't do too well as a lonely old lady.

No comments: