Thursday 11 September 2008

Parties!

I love parties - I've made my boys promise that, when I am old, they should only put me in an old folks home that has music and dancing - and that they should try and make sure some of my friends are there.
This weekend it's our 25th wedding anniversary and we're having two parties - one at home for our village friends; the next day we decamp to london for more champagne with London friends. Recovery will take a while but we're too young to worry about that. Besides, you have to celebrate everything in life. When turning 50, some friends decided to do it quietly with a little dinner at home - not me! Three parties and they were all great fun.
Laughing with family and friends is one of the true pleasures in life. I love those little epiphany moments when you feel such joy that life makes sense - does anyone know what I mean?

No comments: